Creating a Personalized Marketo Landing Page
In our previous blog post, we showed you how to create a Segmentation in Marketo and provided some tips for defining the criteria of each Segment. In this blog post, we’re going to take it a step further and show you how to create a personalized landing page using your Marketo Segmentation and Snippets.
Snippets are a Marketo-specific way of referring to a reusable chunk of content. They can also be dynamic based on a Segmentation. To create a Snippet, navigate to the “Design Studio” tab in the top bar of your Marketo instance. Right-click on “Snippets” and then click “New Snippet.” To make the Snippet react to a Segmentation, click on the “Segment By” button in the right-side menu of the Snippet editor. Once you select the Segmentation, you will be able to create alternate versions of your Snippet for each Segment.
For the purposes of this walkthrough, we’re going to use a Guided Template as a starting point for our landing page. Guided Templates allow us to define certain areas of the page that will require content in the form of text, images, forms, or Snippets. Here is a link to an archive containing the code for our Guided Template. Simply navigate to the “Design Studio” in the top bar of your Marketo instance, then right-click on “Landing Page Templates” and click “Import Template” if you’d like to use our example.
With the Snippet and Template defined, we can now create an actual landing page. Navigate to the “Marketing Activities” section of your Marketo instance. Create a new Campaign Folder and Program. The Campaign Folder is mostly for organization purposes, and the Program allows you to create local assets like the landing page we’re about to create.
Creating the landing page is simple. Right-click on the Program and click “New local asset” and then choose “Landing Page” from the available options. When prompted, choose the landing page template that we created earlier. Follow along with the video below to customize your landing page with the dynamic content we prepared earlier.
Here are some tips for creating personalized landing pages with Marketo Segmentations:
- Start by identifying the key goals of your landing page and the actions that you want your customers to take. For example, you might want to promote a specific product, encourage sign-ups, or collect information.
- Use your Segmentation data to create different versions of your landing page for each Segment. This will allow you to tailor the content and offers on your landing page to the specific interests and behaviors of each Segment.
- Use dynamic content to personalize your landing pages even further. For example, you can use Snippets to show different images, videos, or testimonials based on the visitor’s Segment.
- Monitor the performance of your landing page and make adjustments as needed. You can use Marketo’s built-in analytics to track visits, conversions, and other metrics, and make changes to your landing page to improve its effectiveness.
- If able, use a service such as Cloudflare for your DNS to make setting up SSL for your landing page much easier.
Marketo landing pages are a core staple of any digital or integrated marketing campaign. They have all the functionality you need to tailor content to specific audiences via the use of Segmentations and dynamic content like Snippets. In the next installment of our blog series, we will introduce an email touchpoint to drive visitors to our landing page. Stay tuned!